P & H Delphin MKII 150 & 155
P & H Delphin MKII 150 & 155
Kayak Academy is proud to be an authorized dealer for P & H sea kayaks.
The P&H Delphin MKII 150 & 155 are truely modern sea kayaks with some of the most up to date ideas on design. The cockpit has been positioned further back than in traditional sea kayak design, giving a fine balance that, in combination with the progressive bow rocker, leaves the front of the boat just kissing the water, resulting in superb manoeuvrability and excellent positioning when riding even the steepest of waves.
You don’t have to be an expert to appreciate what the Delphin has to offer though; a flat hull profile at the mid-section provides confidence inspiring primary stability, and the squared-off stern increases the boat’s effective waterline and engages when forward paddling, ensuring you have enough straight line speed to keep up on short to mid-length expeditions.
When catching surf, the hard chines towards the front of the Delphin’s hull engage quickly and make sure you’re in control and towards the smoother, front end of the wave, whilst the softer stern edges allow you to make easy course corrections and the high volume, dynamically shaped bow prevents purling by splitting and shedding water quickly, as well as helping punch through the surf on the way back out to continue the fun!
The Delphin is available in two sizes 150 and 155 MKII. The Delphin is available in Corelite X construction which is a sandwiched rotomolded polyethylene with a foam core center for a stiff yet lighterweight hull.
Key Features include:
- perfect for ocean play and short to mid-length expeditions.
- CoreLite construction with inherent buoyancy and an excellent stiffness-to-weight ratio.
- Swede-form design with widest point behind seat for maximum stability with minimal hindrance to paddle strokes.
- Carefully balanced stern weighting for ultimate positioning on waves.
- High volume, dynamically shaped bow punches through waves and resurfaces quickly.
- Generous bow rocker prevents purling and keeps your head dry.
- Hard bow chines pick up quickly for control on a wave.
- Flat mid-section hull is super stable and gives unrivalled manoeuvrability.
- Soft stern edges keep the boat loose and forgiving during turns.
- Squared-off stern increases waterline for flat water speed and aids tracking.
- Low back deck and cockpit rim allow easy rolling and re-entry.
- Bungee-retained, ergonomic toggle handles for comfortable carrying and safe rescues.
- Market-leading KajakSport hatch covers throughout.
- Lightweight and highly durable bow and stern foam bulkheads.
- Form-fitting, 5-point adjustment; seat trim, foot pegs, hip pads, thigh grips and backrest.
- Large rear and fore hatch, plus pod for great gear capacity and load versatility.
- Features skeg and bow recess to take a compass as standard.
- High strength, full deck lines and bungees for ample storage and rescue options.
Call the Kayak Academy to arrange a demo.
|Corelite X, 3 KajakSport Hatches - Front Round Hatch,
Front Day Pod Hatch, Rear Oval Hatch
|Delphin 155 MKII||15'9"
|Corelite X, 4 KajakSport Hatches - Front Round Hatch,
Front Day Pod Hatch, Rear Day Hatch and Rear Oval Hatch
SPECIAL SHIPPING REQUIRED
Kayaks are excluded from our free shipping policy. Sea kayaks are expensive to ship and prone to being damaged. We recommend picking them up at our shop. If needed, we can provide contact info for specialty boat hauling businesses so you to arrange your own FOB shipping.