WKC Beginning Whitewater Kayaking Course - RENTAL Packages
Washington Kayak Club Beginning Whitewater Kayaking Course RENTAL Kayak and/or Dry Suit Package
WKC Club Members ONLY
- Dates: March 2 - March 23 2024
- For the true course start times, look on the WKC website
Gear Pick-Up Appointments:
You need to stop by our shop to pick up your rental gear. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to set up a 45-minute appointment for gear fitting and pick-up at the Kayak Academy -
- Dates available for gear pick-up
- Saturday, TBD and Tuesday, TBD - Friday, TBD
- Times available each day
- 9:00 am-5:00 pm
Please provide us with your true dimensions - height, weight, and shoe and we will get you fitted properly in all your gear on arrival. Don't guess or estimate, the accuracy of these measurements directly affects how your suit and kayak fit and your comfort level while using them.
To set up a rental, select one of three options in the UPPER RIGHT MENU (the cost will change accordingly):
- Drysuit Rental Package Only - $175.00
- Drysuit rental includes a Gore-tex Dry Suit, Booties, Helmet Liner Cap, or Balaclava.
WW Kayak Rental Package Only - $210.00
- Kayak rental includes WW River Kayak w/rear float bags, PFD, Paddle, Spray skirt, and Helmet.
Drysuit & WW Kayak Rental Package - $385.00
- Includes all the above equipment
You must fill out one of our liability forms to use our gear. Please click here to go to and fill out our online record and release form.
Gear Return and Late Fees
Gear returned more than 3 days after the class will be charged a standard per-day rental rate:
- Dry suits: $35.00
- Kayaks: $45.00
K.A. cannot accommodate boat preferences
We can not accommodate boat preferences for these rentals due to the large number of kayaks rented. Kayak Academy will choose a rental kayak model appropriate for the sizing info you provide here. Please input accurate sizing.
K.A. policy on damaged/lost gear
Damaged and/or lost rental dry suits, kayaks, and gear are the renter's responsibility.
Damaged dry suits (beyond/other than 1 torn gasket), trimmed gaskets (without K.A.'s permission), and/or lost dry suits and kayaks will incur damaged/lost equipment fees.
Damage/lost equipment charges:
- Drysuit fabric puncture damage
- $5 per pinhole after the 3rd one
- Drysuit: broken zipper, torn fabric, paint and/or glue contamination, rubber patches, aquaseal repair, etc.
- Up to MSRP retail price of drysuit. Replacement charge = MSRP retail price.
- Kayak: puncture holes, cracks, broken hardware
- Up to MSRP retail price of kayak. Replacement charge = MSRP retail price.
- Lost drysuit and/or kayak
- MSRP retail price of drysuit and/or kayak
Application of rental credit towards Dry suit
For drysuits, renters may use up to $150.00 of their rental fee towards the purchase of a new dry suit from K.A. before Dec. 31, 2022. This credit may not be combined with any other offer or sale and does not apply to used Dry Suits.
Rental kayaks and drysuits used for this WKC course are not for sale but we do have some select sizes of used drysuits from prior years available.
Please click here to go to and fill out our online “Student Record and Liability Release Form”.
How to sign up for classes/rentals:
Fist select the rental option and, if applicable, the lesson location. Then select the date of the lesson/rental you wish to take.
If you have moved onto the second sign-up page and are having trouble seeing all the required fields, try placing your mouse pointer over the "Additional Information" field and using the scroll wheel on your mouse. Otherwise, you can click on a visible field and hit the "tab" button on your keyboard to go to the next required field.